Sunday, March 31, 2019

Sweet Pork and peas

Hi and welcome to my kitchen and comfort zone.  Cooking 101

In order to get comfortable in your kitchen you must play with food.....Take your time and start with a simple recipe or create one.  Make sure you have the ingredients handy.

I have many recipes and photos as well as instructions on how to create an awesome meal, appetizer or side.

Note:  You may want to consider joining my group on Facebook where you can find other foodies contributing their lovely pictures and recipes.  They are very generous in sharing their recipes.

Today was an easy food day so I used my crockpot. You can do it on the stove as well.  Enjoy!

5 boneless medium size pork chops
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or oil of choice

1/4 cup Sweet Baby Ray's or your favorite barbeque sauce(whisk with soup to blend.
2 cups beef or chicken broth



I browned the pork in vegetable oil with salt and pepper. 

Once they were browned I added some beef broth to my crockpot and put them in my crockpot along with 1/4 cup Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce,1 tsp. Brown sugar and a little red pepper. (whisk to blend) Cook on low for about 6 hours.

After the pork was tender I removed the pork (cover to keep warm) and placed the liquid in a skillet.  Then I  added frozen peas.  Feel free to add any other veggies(you can steam some broccoli or cauliflower and add them if you want.  When the liquid started to boil I added cornstarch mixture. ( I whisked 3 tsp cornstarch and a little of the liquid) to a paste stirring until the liquid started to thicken and added the pork chops to the pan to thicken and yum! Serve over rice . Unsweetened applesauce as a side.






From my kitchen to yours,


No comments: