Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Pistachio/Cranberry Biscotti

Updated photo.  

Note:  these biscotti have chopped pistachios , chopped cranberries and mini chocolate morsels!  Fabulous!





Original 9/2015


Did you know that you can buy already shelled Pistachio's?

  I never knew it until last week and I indulged.  They are salty and crunchy and I would eat way too many if I allow myself and then I'd be talkin uncomfortable so I decided to make a few Biscotti with some of them. 

 We nibbled while they were baking and OMGoodness they are Yummy!  I think my Biscotti recipe is one of the easiest and so buttery and light.  If you like Biscotti this recipe can be basic or loaded with lots inside.  Just be sure to use a very sharp knife to slice them so they won't tear.   I use an electric knife but have used a regular sharp one too!



Happy Baking!

M.J.
****I used my mini chopper and coarsely chopped about 1/2 cup pistachio's.

Here's what I did:

I cup softened butter
2 cups sugar
6 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pistachios

Using my upright mixer I placed softened butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.  Beat all at medium speed.  When blended add flour and baking powder a little at a time until mixture sticks to beaters. Total 4 1/2 cups flour, 4 tsp. baking powder.  Mixture will be thick.  Using a large wooden spoon add pistachios and cranberries to mixture.

Step 1
On a cookie sheet place aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.  Drop by tablespoons onto foil in a line. Illustration:

Step 2 With a large knife or icing spoon close sides.

Step 3 Brush with milk
Step 4 Sprinkle with sugar

Baked at 375 degrees for approx. 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown and firm to touch. Look at those pistachios and cranberries...yum


Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes and then slice diagonally in 1/2 inch slices.


Turn oven to 300 degrees and bake each side an additional 10 minutes. Cool completely and store in air tight container. 



Note:  My grandchildren prefer not to have theirs toasted and they eat them when they are still slightly soft.  If you choose not to toast them make sure they are thoroughly cooled and dry them on rack overnight lightly covered with waxed paper.

12/12/12

No comments: