Monday, February 18, 2019

I'm baking Breakfast Breads and they're freezeable!!

I'm happy to be doing some baking today..(:  My grandchildren were on a summer vacation so what better to greet them with(of course after a big hug) some of their favorites..Banana Bread,Blueberry Muffins and Easy Cranberry Scones!!!!!

Here are the easy recipes:
Banana Bread (my daughter's recipe)  Kids and adults love it!
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt(if using salted butter eliminate it)
1 cup mashed bananas(2 bananas)
1/3 cup butter (softened)
2 tablespoons milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup chopped walnuts(optional)
Combine dry ingredients.  Set aside..Beat eggs,sugar and butter..Add dry ingredients alternating with milk..Add  mashed bananas..Beat slowly until well blended..  I grease my pans.
Bake 350degrees in loaf pan approx. 45 minutes..I use muffin pans or muffin loaves and bake approx. 30 minutes until lightly golden..Test center with toothpick ..


Blueberry Muffins(my sister in laws recipe) Great one!!
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter(1 stick)
3/4 to 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen) I 've used both with great results!





Combine dry ingredients, set aside..Beat sugar, eggs and butter..Alternating with milk add dry ingredients. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full....Bake 375 degrees approx. 20 minutes

***Now for my hubby and my favorite! I found this recipe years ago in a magazine and have used it since then.

Easy Cranberry Drop Scones..We love them and they are so wonderful with a cup of coffee or tea!  Oh yes and they are mighty fine alone...yummy!

2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar  plus one tsp..divided
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt(if using salted butter eliminate)
6 tablespoons cold butter(no substitutes)
1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg beaten..
almonds, pecans and walnuts are a great addition..

Heat oven to 425 degrees..Grease cookie sheet..Pulse flour, 1/3 cup sugar,baking powder, salt and butter
in food processor until texture of fine meal.  Transfer to large bowl. Add milk- egg mixture to mix...Stir in fresh and dried cranberries..Mix  with fork until dry ingredients are evenly moistened..Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden..Transfer to wire rack and cool..Makes 12 muffins..I make 9 because mine are a little larger..Great Recipe!!!No fail recipe and of course you can try blueberries or any other dried fruit..!Happy Baking!!

Note:  I use all purpose flour in my recipes...Most times Pillsbury Pre Sifted but I have used others with no problem.






From my kitchen to yours,

M.j.


6/24/11

No comments: