Saturday, December 1, 2018

Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip

I know a lot of bloggers write huge posts telling tales of adventures and a lot of times I just want a recipe and scrolling down a post gets to be very tiresome so you will find that most of my blog posts are short and sweet...that's the way I believe my readers like them. To the point! immediately.  Enjoy!

I went to our garden lunch on Saturday and it was a pot luck picnic type luncheon.  I decided a quick dip would work fine for this.  I had been thinking of what I would bring to this and decided that I had basically everything to make the below recipe.  

Both hubby and I taste tested it with pretzel thins and vanilla wafers.  I loved the pretzel thins (a little salt to compliment the sweet in the dip. He thought vanilla wafers might be a good option. 

I decided to do half pretzel and half wafer.  

The results were the pretzel thins were the favorite.  

This is one the of tastiest and super easy appetizers for summer parties.






Pineapple cream cheese dip

1 -15 oz. can crushed pineapple drained 
1/2 cup sugar
1-8 oz softened cream cheese
1- 8 oz. tub Cool whip or 8 oz whipped heavy cream
Chopped pecans and or toasted coconut and maraschino cherries for garnish
Pretzel thins for serving

With an electric mixer beat softened cream cheese and sugar.
Fold in  crushed pineapple and cool whip or whipped heavy cream.

Place in a serving bowl , garnish with pecans or coconut

Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.




No comments: