Sunday, December 2, 2018

Quick and Easy hot appetizer! Lil Smokies with Sweet and Sour Sauce

Here's another of my recipes from 2012... Enjoy!

Repeat Performance!  ðŸ˜Š


I've been trying to put together some easy appetizers to serve for the holiday or really anytime.  Having the ingredients to put something tasty and quick is always a challenge.. It is easy to buy some cheese and crackers but this suggestion is one that will definitely be well received and you can use your crockpot to cook them and keep them warm..I bought some Hillshire Farms Lil Smokies last week and figured they'd be nice to have around in a pinch, for a in the spare of the moment, entertaining treat...

I had a bottle of La Choy Sweet and Sour Sauce in my pantry and thought I'd experiment by just adding the La Choy to the Smokies.  Delicious!!!! I added a bit of water and the Sweet and sour sauce and that was it!  It was a first time try so I cooked them on top of the stove without a cover..They thickened the longer they were simmering and were wonderful..Tangy but sweet..  My daughter stopped by and I had her try them..She loved them!(have some toothpicks on hand).  She couldn't believe how easy they were to make.


Simmer about 15 minutes or more..The sauce thickens the longer it cooks..



1 pkg.  Hillshire Farms Lil Smokies (petite hot dogs)
few tablespoons of water
1 bottle (10 oz.) La Choy Sweet and Sour Sauce
toothpicks

I was trying to do this quickly so all I did was put the smokies in a pot and added a few tablespoons of water and the whole bottle of Sweet and Sour...Simmered it for about 15 minutes..or just until it started to bubble and I was sure those lil guys were all heated up inside..(You can then place them in a crockpot to keep warm)

Note:  You could buy several packages and 2 bottles of Sweet and Sour Sauce and put them in a crockpot  on low for a nice warm appetizer...

From my kitchen to yours,


12/5/12

No comments: