Sunday, November 25, 2018

Stuffed French Toast w/ Mascarpone Cheese


Recipe repost 👍

Here's another Great Stuffed French Toast Recipe!

8/27/16



This recipe is so delicious and easy to do so I surprised my hubby and made his favorite..The only thing I had to remember to do was to buy the Mascarpone cheese..I always have cream cheese in my frig but this recipe calls for Mascarpone so I had to make a note to purchase it when I went grocery shopping..Also some good bread is a must..I used already sliced Italian from the Bakery but any good thick bread will do..It has to be sliced on the thick side to hold all that wonderful cheese.. 

Happy Cooking!  Hope you enjoy this as much as we did. (I couldn't resist to indulge)



I start by Making my Mascarpone filling:

1- 8 oz. tub Mascarpone cheese
3 to 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla( I use the best vanilla I can find)
dash of cinnamon

On to the French Toast:

8 slices (thick) good bread(Italian, Texas Toast or any good thickly sliced bread)
3 eggs
1 cup milk
dash salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In an electric mixer blend Mascarpone cheese with the brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.  Looks so good!

Next make Mascarpone sandwiches by spreading a generous amount of the filling between the slices..Beat eggs, milk and salt thoroughly..I use a large baking dish so you have enough room to dip bread sandwiches. Turn sandwiches over and repeat.


Heat butter (I use 1/2 of a stick) on medium high in a large skillet.  When butter starts to bubble place filled sandwiches in skillet.  Cook about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown..Put them in a buttered baking dish and bake for about 5 minutes..  Delicious !


Ingredients


Dip and press to soak .


Baking it in the oven for 5 minutes or a little more to seal  in the flavor

Perfect Breakfast, Brunch or anytime treat!
I serve the French toast with fresh strawberries or any fresh fruit..No topping is really necessary(why mask that wonderful butter/ sweet flavor) but if you choose ; you can blend in a food processor raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, add a little lemon juice and drizzle over French Toast.. Enjoy!  Happy Cooking!


Happy Cooking!

From my kitchen to yours,






7/4/11
5/28/13
1/19/14

No comments: