Monday, November 26, 2018

Bucatini pasta, arugula and chicken quick meal


An Easy meal which is my short cut recipe.


Although my freezer has lots of meatballs and meat sauce  I found a great substitute for a marinara sauce that IMO takes like my fresh sauce.

 The brand is Victoria and I found it at Costco and most recently I have been seeing it at many other stores in our area.  You can use any jar brand you like but IMO Victoria brand marinara is really as close as I can get to homemade and I'm extremely fussy.

  I've been cooking for 50 years and make sauce all the time but after reading a little more about the brand I decided to go off my high horse lol so to speak and try it.  It's good.  Recently I found their vodka sauce in a 16 oz. jar and decided why not?  Happy to say it's super good and I used it in this recipe.





Note:  I like thick meaty pasta so Bucatini was in my pantry and I used it.  If you don't have Bucatini a nice more dense pasta would be good too!  Such as fettuccine or linguine but use what you think your family would enjoy.  The ingredients and instructions are below. Enjoy!!

1 lb. Bucatini pasta or pasta of choice
1 to 2 cups arugula washed and drained well
1 lb. Boneless thin chicken breast
Salt, pepper, paprika
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup water 
1-16 oz.oz. jar Victoria vodka sauce
Olive oil
Pecorino Romano cheese 

First:  Sauté chicken in a large deep skillet with olive oil, salt, pepper paprika and garlic.


After chicken is slightly browned on both sides add 1/4 cup water, scrape so you get all the pieces that may have stuck a little to bottom of pan and simmer slowly covered for ten minutes.  Add vodka sauce directly to pan(do not drain), cover and simmer slowly for a several minutes or until sauce is bubbling slightly. Keep on low heat until pasta is cooked.



While chicken and sauce are simmering bring a large pot of water to a boil.  Cook pasta for approximately 8 to 10 minutes depending on your pasta directions.  A’dente is preferred choice.  Add arugula and cook for another 2 or 3 minutes.





Drain pasta and arugula.  Place cooked pasta and arugula back in large pot (the same pot you cooked the pasta in)add sauce and top with chicken.  From stove to plate approximately 45 minutes.

Happy Cooking! Yummy!!

You can definitely used homemade vodka sauce for this recipe.  I do have my recipe under Labels but this is a great option for us busy on the go people. xo






No comments: