Thursday, November 15, 2018

Apple pie

If I have apples I make an apple pie!  I used gala apples this time around but have mixed apples too. Macintosh apples are my favorite along with Granny Smith for baking.

Wonderful anytime dessert. Hubby loves fruit pies. I like them too but adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream makes me happier. Enjoy!

Still a little warm so it's perfect!



I have no willpower and I admit it.

Apples 3 lb. (Gala )peeled cored.
(Using my hand chopper made this a breeze) photo below
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup dried oats or 2Tablespoons Minute tapioca
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 box refrigerated pie crust
1  T butter
Sprinkle of cinnamon sugar on top

Bake 400 degrees 50 minutes. I covered edges so as not to burn.

Waiting for it to cool takes patience...


I used the larger section to dice the apples. I love this gadget. I do carrots, celery, onions, peppers and a whole lot of veggies and fruits to store in my freezer in bags for quick add ins.






No comments: