Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Apple Cream Pie!!!! Oh so easy!

 I am trying to give a little variety and selection to some different and easy pies. Today I made a really good Apple cream pie.  I adapted it a bit to my liking. Easy to make and another pie to add to my favorites.. 

Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours!!!



Lovely to look at and delicious!!  I added some whipped cream to it..



I brushed my pie with heated strawberry jam but apricot preserves were recommended.


Easy to make using 1 refrigerated pie shell.  Baked ahead of time so it can cool
4 cups thinly sliced apples
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup butter

1- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
1 1/2 cups milk
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup apricot preserves (I used strawberry jam, heated, because I didn't have any apricot)
Note:  I would suggest doubling the cream cheese and pudding for a fuller pie.





Place apples in a large bowl.. Toss with sugar and lemon..Melt butter in a saucepan and add apples..Saute until tender..Set aside to cool

Beat cream cheese until fluffy, gradually add 1 cup milk, pudding mix, and vanilla..Add remaining  1/2 cup milk and beat until smooth..Spread mixture into cooled pastry shell..Arrange apples over cream cheese mixture..

In a small saucepan, heat preserves /jam until runny. Using a pastry brush lightly coat apples.  Refrigerate until set.  At least 1 hour.  Enjoy!


11/8/11 
5/2/13

4 comments:

mjskit said...

Love pudding pies and this looks quite delicious. The jam topping was a great last touch. Great pie!

M. J. Vitelli said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

So nice and creamy .cant get much better than this;)

easyfoodsmith said...

The pie looks delicious!