Sunday, October 7, 2018

Baked Oatmeal

Recipe repost 👍



School has started so this is a great breakfast for the kiddos or even as a meal for an evening you don't know what to make for your family.  It is easily put together and baked for your enjoyment.  It is a great recipe.  One of my favorites and my hubby's too.  Healthy and nutritious and a good for you meal.

 Leftovers can be stored easily in the refrigerator, individually wrapped for several days, and it is freezer friendly. Microwave friendly to heat your individual leftovers.  Just the dish for a quick breakfast or lunch.  I cut down the sugar slightly when I add dried fruit.



Today this recipe has dried cranberries.  Chopped walnuts or pecans can be added as well.

Note: Cut in squares or spoon into dishes and top with cream and berries. Yum!

  Serve warm with a little milk or half and half..  Note:  When I make this recipe plain I usually top it with fresh sliced or diced strawberries..Wonderful!


 Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,


3 cups oatmeal (any brand quick oats)
3/4 cups brown sugar( Splenda is easily substituted for sugar)
1/2 cup margarine or butter melted
2 eggs
2 cups milk( I used skim)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2  tsp. salt( I eliminate salt if I am using salted butter)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup dried fruit (optional) or top with fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberres.

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease a 13 x9 inch pan.  Beat margarine or butter and brown sugar together.  Add eggs, vanilla, baking powder, salt and milk. Fold into oatmeal and mix making sure to coat all oatmeal. Pour into greased baking dish or pan.  Bake 375 degrees uncovered approx. 25 minutes. Either cut in squares or spoon into serving dishes.  Add some milk or half and half as needed.

This recipe is diet friendly as well.  Use skim milk, margarine, instead of butter and sugar substitute.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O this is a great idea.I already make my toated muesli but will try this for a change.Ta;)

M. J. Vitelli said...

You'll love it! and a real plus for leftovers for a quick morning breakfast..:)