Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Easy Gnocchi!


*****Updated gnocchi today with leftover mashed potatoes.

Updated photos 11/5/2023








2 or 3 cups (room temperature )mashed potatoes 
2 eggs at room temperature 
3  1/2 + cups flour ( approximate) you may need more.







NOVEMBER 29,2022





Original 2017
By now you should know I love gnocchi and I have made them several different ways.  Sweet potato gnocchi with brown butter was fabulous!  Gnocchi, using ricotta cheese instead of potatoes was wonderful!  My favorite are potato gnocchi with my traditional red sauce.

Today I played around with refrigerated mashed potatoes and I have to say these were by far the easiest.
  
***I used a 1 lb. pkg. (16 oz.)of refrigerated mashed potatoes at room temperature,an egg and approximately  3 1/2 cups of flour.  

That is all it took 3 ingredients and I used my freshly made red sauce. If you don't have some feel free to use your favorite jar sauce. 

The next time I make the yummy gnocchi they will be swimming in some pink vodka sauce.  You can be sure I'll be looking for sales on refrigerated mashed potatoes because I can never have enough gnocchi.  My freezer will be stocked.

Note: You may like to make some of these and top with butter and grated cheese for the kiddo's.   Something I think they'd enjoy!! :)

Happy Cooking!



Bring a large pot of water to a boil with a bit of salt, add gnocchi, stir , turn down heat to medium, stir again and when gnocchi come to top let simmer for a few minutes and drain well.

Updated 11/29/2022

6/17/13
9/3/2018

All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook2013, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.


No comments: