Friday, April 20, 2018

Turkey, Orange and Fennel Salad

Here's a Weight watchers recipe that caught my eye and since we're cutting down and not out this makes a great light meal or lunch. I substituted oven roasted deli turkey instead of pork that the recipe called for.


My first time using a fennel bulb.  I have eaten fennel roasted with other vegetables but not in a salad so this was a first that I was using it in my salad.  I would definitely use it again.


I was totally surprised of the light taste of the fennel.  I had thought it might be overwhelming and it was not and it added a delightful crunch too!

This recipe served hubby and I fine.  The only other thing I would have done and had planned on doing was toasting some pita pockets but I forgot! Enjoy!!



3/4 lb. thinly sliced deli turkey
8 pitted kalamata olives
1 small red onion sliced thin
2 oranges peeled and sectioned
1 small fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 bunch red leaf lettuce, torn in small pieces
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. olive oil
2 T red wine vinegar
4 T orange juice

Whisk together vinegar, orange juice, salt, and oil and set aside

Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.  Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to combine.



1/14/15
3/20/17
7/5/17


No comments: