Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Easy Stove top Honey Garlic chicken

Hi everyone:

I'm on this "spring will be here in no time" and "I better start concentrating on losing a few pounds" frame of mind. 

You know me and I truly love to bake and cook.  I do love what I make and cook just about every day.. Plain and simple!

 I don't care for deli meat so sandwiches are not an option often unless it's healthy turkey.  I have a sensitive tummy so salads are made only on occasion. Yes I do make a lot of pasta!! and that does add the pounds I'm sorry to say.

I'm always making some sort of soup which doesn't always fill me up so I came up with this chicken chunk idea years ago.

The below recipe I do two ways using chicken.  These two recipes allow me to have protein on hand and store covered for a few days refrigerated.  I eat them cold for lunch with either some yogurt or fruit. You get protein which satisfies me and the taste is fabulous.  When I make these for dinner I serve with rice and a vegetable. Enjoy!





First recipe:

1 lb. boneless chicken breasts cut up in chunks
1 or 2 cloves minced garlic
Onion powder, salt, pepper and paprika to taste
1 cup chicken broth
1 tsp. honey
1/2 tsp. soy sauce

In a medium size deep skillet sauté garlic on low heat until fragrant  in a small amount of olive or vegetable oil.  Add chicken and cook until browned on both sides.  After the chicken is browned add chicken broth and seasonings and cook until it is no long pink inside. Add honey and soy sauce and cook slowly until liquid reduces to a sauce.  Remove from heat and serve immediately.

Broccoli or rice is delicious served along with it.

Second recipe:

l lb. or more chicken breasts cut up in chunks
olive oil
fresh minced or powdered garlic
salt, pepper and any other herbs you like to your taste(you can use a little dried Italian seasonings if you like.
chicken broth or water (watch amount)

In a skillet place olive oil.  When warm add fresh garlic.  As garlic starts to simmer add chicken and seasonings and cook on low heat until browned slightly.  Add slight amount of chicken broth or water and cook for a few minutes more or until no longer pink inside and has absorbed liquid. Do  not overcook chicken.

Note: on this recipe just enough chicken broth or water to allow chicken to simmer a few minutes.  Do not overcook. 

Allow to cool and refrigerate.  Great for snacking or adding to a salad cold or warm.  If refrigerated and you decide to warm heat only a few seconds.

I found out many years ago that when I make the chicken like this my kids like to snack on it too so I make extra. lol 

Healthy eating and snack friendly. 





2/8/18


No comments: