Thursday, April 12, 2018

Crockpot Spicy pork with veggies

Sharing a few memories and recipes for a healthy lifestyle.


We are still not in our condo and as the days pass I appreciate my home more and more each day.  The inconvenience is plenty.  I only have a few kitchen items and only one knife.  Thank goodness I bought 4 of my knives with me from home.  I need to dice, slice and chop and mine are my only option.  My crockpot was the best item that I did remember to take with me.  I used it a lot last year and it appears I'll be using it more this year. 

For some who bakes and cooks this is a nightmare...I am happy we are ok first but going out to eat everyday is not an option for obvious reasons so I must make do and it should show me and you that it can be done.




I don't intend on going out and buying all the gadgets I would love to have but keep foremost in my mind that I'll be back in my kitchen one of these days.  I know we'll be here at least 22 days. Yikes so please keep stopping by and give me some encouragement to keep this blog going.  It has been a savior for me.

  Hugs, M.j.








1 -10oz Rotel brand original tomatoes with diced and green chilles
6 small potatoes cut in half skin on
Several baby carrots
1 medium onion sliced 
1 lb pork cubed
Pinch or two of Italian seasoning

Optional:  Add some freshly cooked broccoli or spinach at the very end.


Place cut pork in crockpot.  Add sliced onions, carrots and potatoes. Add Rotel original tomatoes plus 1/2 cup water. Cover.  Set on low and cook 5 to 6 hours or until veggies are tender.


Serve with a slice of fresh bread or pita bread.  Scooping the juice and tomatoes and using a fork for carrots, pork and potatoes. Yummy!


Sides salads welcome!


From my kitchen to yours,


1/26/15

No comments: