Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Pear, cheese and almond Salad. A nice summer Salad with Pear Vinaigrette!

Pears are plentiful this time of year so let's make a pear vinaigrette with Red leaf lettuce salad.  Here's the recipe I found in Taste of Home cookbook from a few years ago.. It was great.!  Hubby loved it and maybe next time I'll add some grilled or pan fried chicken.  I didn't have Gouda so I substituted a little mozzarella and it was fine..Gouda would have probably added a bit more to the flavor..Loved the pear vinaigrette!

3 medium pears
1/3 cup oil and vinegar
1 pkg. spring mix salad greens (I used Red leaf lettuce)
6 oz. Gouda cheese, shaved
3/4 cup honey roasted chopped almonds


Salad Dressing:
Peel and core one pear..Coarsely chop..Place in a small food processor, cover and process until smooth..While processing gradually add 1/3 cup oil and vinegar salad dressing..Set aside

Divide salad greens among salad plates. Slice remaining pears..Arrange pears and cheese over salad..Sprinkle with almonds;drizzle with dressing.. Easy!!!! Enjoy!!!! Note: this recipe served two nicely...



A beauty!  Add some pan fried or grilled chicken on the side if you desire.





Easy to do!  I didn't have any honey roasted almonds so I roasted some myself. I used approx. 1/2 cup sliced almonds and 1/2 tsp. honey, mixed and put in toaster oven (on foil) at 400 degrees..Watch carefully..Toasty in several minutes.

From my kitchen to yours



6/4/12
6/7/13

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pears go so well with fruit")

tanja said...

I have found your blog today- It is lovely! This Pear Salad looks delicious, I will have to try this, yum!

Following you now :)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Tanja

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

I LOVE pears in salad; I need to try your fabulous dressing :)