Sunday, March 18, 2018

Easter Ham and Cheese Pie; A Family Tradition from long ago!


Back by popular request. An Easter favorite!


Traditionally Easter was the time of the year Grandma and Mom made their Easter Pie.   Mom and Grandma made their own pie crust but I found this recipe to be pretty close to their recipe using refrigerated pie crust.   I have Mom's original but I am still looking through her recipes to find it.  Seriously she has lots of recipes!!!! When I do find it I'll post her original, until then try this recipe.   I think you may like it and if you do let me know.  I'd love to hear from you!

Happy Cooking from my kitchen to your

M. J.

1 double pie crust dough
2 lbs. ricotta
1 cup grated Romano cheese
2 tablespoons dried or fresh parsley
4 beaten eggs
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 lb. chopped ham, cooked sausage or genoa salami
1/2 tsp. salt
black pepper
1 egg beaten, to brush on top

Line a a 9 or 10 in pie pan with half of the crust.  Mix remaining ingredients and pour into pie shell. 
Top with remaining crust.  Brush crust with beaten egg,  Bake 350 degrees for on hour.

4/6/12

No comments: