Thursday, December 28, 2017

Real cheese Queso Dip

I've been on a roll with new recipes especially for appetizers.  It must be the time of the year. The holidays, cold winter nights and football and basketball games.




I made this one for Christmas and my family went WILD. I mean WILD. They loved it and it's all real cheese. No velvetta here lol.

Creamy, spicy and so fabulous I had to make copies of the recipe to send along with them.  That's how delicious it is.

I made it in the crockpot which can't get much easier.

Here goes;

1/2 lb. Pepperjack cheese(deli counter)
1/2 lb. American cheese  (deli counter)
1 cup whole milk
8 oz. cream cheese softened
1/2 cup sour cream (no low fat in this recipe allowed)
1 can Rotel tomatoes and green chiles
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. chili powder

Note: keep a little more milk on hand to thin if necessary.  It does thicken opon setting.

Combine all ingredients in crockpot on low for 1 1/2 to 2 hours,  stirring occasionally.

*** You can also cook this on top of the stove in a dutch oven and then transfer to crockpot to keep heated on warm.

Enjoy!  We all did....



No comments: