Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Macadamia Nut Cookies or Bars

This is the recipe for the Macadamia nut bars. 

 I made them into cookies instead and didn't frost them. I baked them for approximately the same amount of time as the bars.  They baked very crispy.  Note: If you decide to make cookies instead adjust time.   If you prefer softer cookies bake less time.



If you don't have self rising flour here is an alternative. 



**1 cup self-rising flour 1 cup minus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour plus 11/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/8 teaspoon salt 

 Here is the recipe I followed although I made cookies instead of bars. I baked them at the same temperature but depending on how soft or crispy you like your cookies bake either a little less or approximately the same amount of time.  I used a melon scooper to make uniform size cookies and make sure to allow space between cookies because they expand in size.


 
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups self rising flour**
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup macadamia nuts chopped( I didn't have a cup so I added what I had. about 1/2 cup.


In a saucepan over medium heat melt butter and sugar.   Once butter is melted remove from heat and allow to cool.  Stir in eggs and vanilla mix well.  Slowly add flour and nutmeg mix well. Stir in nuts, spread mixture into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or  drop by round tsp. onto greased baking sheet or parchment paper.


Glaze
1 cup confectioners sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp. eggnog
Combine all ingredients together whisk well. Drizzle glaze over cooled bars.







10/19/13 original recipe

No comments: