Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookies

If you enjoy some fruit in a cookie this one has to be on the top of my list for taste.  Buttery and chewy with a slight crunch you'll love them too!



I started thinking about simplifying my baking this year..I definitely want to bake a few new varieties but will concentrate on those favorites that are a must.. More than ever with rising prices we have to be aware of waste..Over my lifetime I have seen cookies tossed just because of being tired of them so this year I'm going to work on pretty easy and definitely a must  in my house and maybe a few easy pan desserts that go a long way when I'm having guests.  Sometimes a quick and easy pan recipe is a nice change..

Also these cookies are a nice treat for kiddo's.  Healthy and with sweet cranberries once they take a bite they'll love them!!!  I know old favorites like chocolate chip or those loaded with icing draw them but if we could get a few to try these I am sure they'll love them too!

I'll start one cookie recipe today and have several other really good ones for you to try..  My hubby loves sampling!!  



My first cookie recipe today is:

Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookies

1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt (I eliminate salt if I am using salted butter)
1 cup quick cooking oats
9 tablespoons soft butter
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
3/4 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Measure flour,baking powder, alt and oats into a bowl..Put butter and sugars into another bowl and beat together until creamy..Beat in egg and vanilla.
Beat in the flour mixture, fold in cranberries, pecans and chocolate chips.
Roll tablespoons of dough into balls, place on cookie sheet and squish down with a fork.Bake for 15 minutes until cookies are tinged a pale gold..Remove to cool..

Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours,



11/10/11 original recipe
5/6/13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Penning this recipe down:)White chocolate gts me every time;))