Thursday, December 7, 2017

Toasted Almond Macaroons

Another good recipe from People Magazine!

This recipe is very good and I love them refrigerated.  It seems to bring out the flavor.  I am a little partial to my last coconut macaroon recipe I shared. This is the third coconut macaroon cookie I have made.  I love Macaroons if you didn't guess!! :)

Enjoy!

  










3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup sliced almonds
1/8 tsp. salt
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla or a 1/4 tsp. almond extract
2 large egg whites

Preheat oven to 350.  Spread coconut on baking sheet toast for approximately 4 minutes.  Let cool.  Put almonds on baking sheet and toast  several minutes. **Watch carefully so not to burn.


When almonds are cooled, pulse in food processor or chopper until coarsely ground.  Transfer to large mixing bowl and stir in coconut and salt.

Combine condensed milk, vanilla and egg whites, then gently blend into the coconut mixture.  Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.

Scoop out small rounds of dough, about 1 1/2 T each onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.  Bake 12 to 14 minutes until lightly  golden on tips and sides.

Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours,

 








4/11/13
12/3/13

No comments: