Thursday, November 16, 2017

Organizing your Refrigerator

A very Happy and Blessed Day to you.  It's never too late to get help organizing your refrigerator.  I know you probably get frustrated with bottles of half empty items.  I have found that I really try to not buy too many different items.  I buy what we definitely eat and enjoy and really work hard at not trying every new item that they have out there to temp us. How many times in the past I tried a new item to keep it just because I feel I spent money so couldn't bear to throw it away. It just lays there!!! We just can't do it!!! We are wasting our hard earned money...........Plain and simple.


If you want to keep your refrigerator neat and orderly here are few suggestions I have found to work for me.

 First clean out all the old, expired foods in your refrigerator.  Wipe down all the shelves and drawers with either vinegar and water or ammonia and water.  I make a mixture of 1 part clear vinegar (about 1/4 cup) and the remainder water.  I also use a dollar store spray bottle to store it. Easy fix to grunge and sticky shelves and drawers. Wipe all bottles with this mixture also with a clean rag or paper towel. 

Vinegar is the best for clean and sparkly and although you might think of pickling cucumbers while you are doing this. LOL The smell dissipates quickly.  lol

I line my drawers with either paper towels or I found some easy to clean shelve liners that are easily removed and washed.  I just take them out and place them in my sink with yes vinegar and a little dish liquid and rinse and dry.  Walla !


Keeping up the inside is imperative for organizing and below you can see the revolving racks I bought a few years ago to help keep items handy to access and also make more room.  Yes these racks hold about six items depending on size.  I have two which leaves a lot more room for milk, orange juice etc.  It eliminates sticky shelves with dried food or liquid.  My pet peeve has been crusty shelves that make more work so these revolving racks eliminated a lot of time spent cleaning spills. Thumbs up!!

If you are putting off cleaning out your refrigerator start now.  Step by step throwing out all expired and 1/4 filled bottles.  You can do it and you'll feel so much better and tell your family to help by putting items back where they belong.  You have worked hard to get the refrigerator to look decent. Smiles to you.  You'll like how you feel with less clutter. xo







Much more room after consolidation of items on revolving racks.

From my kitchen to yours,

No comments: