Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Individual Mini or muffin cup Cheesecakes

Did you know you can freeze cheesecake or cheesecakes? 

 Yes you can. I do it all the time and today is not an exception.

 These pretty babies once they are cooled will be laid on waxed paper and placed in a medium size aluminum throw away pan and covered securely with wax paper between the layers. I then  place them on top wax paper and aluminum foil and freeze them until I am ready to serve. 

 I take them out of the freezer a few hours before I am ready to serve and then top them with any of our favorite pie fillings.  Cherry, pineapple, strawberry and maybe a little whipped cream too!




I generously greased(cooking spray works) a Christmas tree pan with cooking spray and added my graham cracker crumbs to make a few cheesecakes a fun way. When cooled I loosened edges and out them came.

Don't feel like making a large cheesecake but you'd like to serve something sweet in bite size servings well this mini cheesecake recipe is for you.

At Christmas especially with all the cookies I bake a whole cheesecake is way too much.  So I make mini ones and they are perfect for those who love cheesecake but can't eat a whole piece because they want to save room for other sweets too.

This recipe takes little time and bakes quickly and as I do once they cool I either store them in the refrigerator (I think there is no problem storing them for a week).   If you have doubts do as I do and pack them between waxed paper and secure in a plastic container or cover with aluminum foil and place in freezer, then when you want to serve them take them out about an hour before serving and add your topping to them.  I make mine all plain and add either strawberry, cherries or blueberries when serving.  Easy peasy dessert.








Here's the recipe

3 -8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
3 eggs room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
graham cracker crumbs or chocolate cookies crumbs. I also used Aldi’s Benton vanilla wafers as a base too!
mini muffin cups or regular muffin cups

Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs or cookie crumbs on bottom of muffin cups.  If you are not using muffin cups/liners you must grease pan well and then add crumb mixture....


Beat cream cheese, vanilla and sugar with mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended.  Use a Spoon for mini cheesecakes and an ice cream scooper for uniformity over larger muffin crusts.

Bake 350 degrees approximately  25 to 30 minutes for regular muffin cups or until almost set. Try not to overbake.


Note:  They do not have to brown.  They will be light in color with a tinge of golden.





From my kitchen to yours




11/2/16


No comments: