Saturday, September 23, 2017

Easy Lasagna Cups, My Way

I love using ingredients and food items I have hanging around my kitchen so today I decided to use several ingredients that I had and put together my version of Lasagna cups.  I had pasta sauce with 4 meatballs in my frig and a small zucchini too so this is today's Lasagna cups that we had for dinner.

I used my large muffin pan and made 6 large lasagna muffins.  Two of which I used thinly sliced zucchini since I only had 4 meatballs.  I lightly sprayed the muffin pan before I started to layer.

You can easily make this recipe and you don't even have to use the meatballs.  Using thinly sliced veggies will I am sure work well.  Since you only bake them for approximately 30 minutes make sure your veggies are thinly sliced. I think eggplant, mushrooms, yellow squash or zucchini would work fine.

 Happy Cooking!

 


6 oven ready no cook Barilla lasagna noodles(soak in a large pan of warm water approximately 10 to 15 minutes)  so they are slightly pliable then cut  in half.  Will equal 12 pieces.
6 tsp. ricotta cheese
6 slices fresh mozzarella sliced in half or you can use prepackaged shredded mozzarella
6 medium cooked meatballs squished with fork or thinly sliced veggies (I used thinly sliced zucchini in two)
1 qt. pasta sauce, homemade or jar you choose
freshly grated cheese
fresh or dried basil
parsley





Spray large muffin pan with cooking spray.  Place one of the half slices of lasagna noodle on bottom.  Press meatballs slightly before adding to cups with a fork.  Add one meatball and some pasta sauce, then a piece of mozzarella and 1 tsp. ricotta, sprinkle grated cheese and basil/parsley mix over cheese.  Top with the other half of the lasagna noodle and push down slightly.  Top with pasta sauce, grated cheese and grated mozzarella.  Bake covered 25 minutes, remove cover and bake an additional 5 minutes.  Remove from oven allow to set for 10 additional minutes and serve.


No comments: