Saturday, September 9, 2017

Chicken Tetrazzini! Something different!!

I asked a friend for this recipe after I really enjoyed it at her home.  Unfortunately I haven't made it in years so today as I was going through my saved recipes, this caught my eye, and  it was going to be a meal I would be making this week for sure.

I had made some chicken soup yesterday, using lots of good chicken breasts so I immediately put the meat to good use.   I didn't put any mushrooms in it because my family doesn't care for them.  I think they are a nice touch for taste and color.  I was a bit disappointed with the photos but take it from me it was Delicious!!!! My hubby said this would be something he would like me to make again.. Flavor from the 3 cheeses I added was by choice.  Swiss cheese was the cheese of choice for this recipe.  Enjoy!


Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours!


3 cups cooked Rotini or spaghetti
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cups chicken broth(can or carton is fine)
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 + cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesean cheese
2 1/2 to 3 cups cubed chicken ( Microwave or boil several boneless chicken breasts for easy cubing)
**drained canned chicken is an option
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms optional

Note: I also added about 1/4 lb. American cheese to it as well..

In a large saucepan melt butter and blend in flour.  Gradually stir in broth and cream.  Cook stirring constantly over low heat until sauce thickens.  Blend cheese and continue stirring until cheese melts.  Stir in remaining ingredients until heated through.  This meal is easily prepared on the top of the stove. * If you decide to finish it in the oven toss all and place it in an baking dish (325) for several minutes.  Top might become crusty so be careful.  .  Makes 4 servings.. Side salad a must!



Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,
 

M.J.

12/11/11
2/13/13
2/13/13

No comments: