Thursday, August 17, 2017

Beefy Tomato,basil and garlic Roast

Hi everyone:

I happened to find among the roasts hidden below all others this bottom round roast reduced for sale. It was over 2 lbs. and $7.00 so I couldn't resist buying it. It wasn't expired and actually had a few days before must sell so at half price you bet I grabbed it.

Some days they reduce meat at our local grocery store and if you there you'll get some good buys. This was originally over $15.00.  I was going to freeze it since I really wasn't sure what to make with it but we had chicken yesterday and since I had this roast I thought why not?

Of course I did not have a clue what to make. I was pretty sure I wasn't in the mood for brown gravy and mashed potatoes so I created this one for tonight's dinner.



2+ lb bottom round roast
Salt
Pepper
Crushed tomatoes
Olive oil
Romano cheese
Basil
Garlic

Rub roast with olive oil.
In a bowl, combine Romano cheese, Garlic, salt and pepper.
Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly on roast, pressing into the meat to create a crust. 
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or 8 hours on low.
Remove the pot from the slow cooker base, remove lid and allow roast to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.



Serving it over rice.

Enjoy!



















No comments: