Monday, August 21, 2017

Baby Back Shortribs, Crockpot go!




Fall will be here in no time and as usual we are looking for something to satisfy our family at dinnertime that takes little effort and of course we want tasty and hopefully delicious too. This is where a crockpot comes in handy.

I really love my crockpot and I use it a lot.  I like tenderness of my meat and quite honestly the convenience. Whether it's beef, pork, chicken or turkey there always seems to be a recipe that you can usually adapt and make in the crockpot.  Most times I opt for chicken but when the occasion arrives and a craving for beef tempts your taste buds well most times I would use my oven friendly cast iron pot but on those days I don't want to watch a pot well here's where my gadget of choice. 

I really love beef ribs (when we are out to dinner a lot of times it's bbq ribs I order)so I am always looking for an easy recipe for them so as I can make. 

When I saw this recipe for crockpot beef ribs I was cranked up and ready to go. This was the first time I prepared beef ribs so I was excited but skeptical. I did not want to be disappointed!

 I was at the butcher the other day and beef ribs caught my eye.  We don't go to the butcher too often because I like convenience so we shop nearby.  This butcher is a bit of a drive.  It's worth the trip but I must think ahead of what I want to buy before I go so I make a list.

When we go to this particular butcher I stock up!  I buy lots of fresh sausage, ground beef, bacon, ham.  While we were waiting to be waited on I just so happened to see a whole rib of beef. I asked if I could have half and he said accommodated me. I guess you just have to ask!

 I have never made beef ribs so I didn't want to make too much since I would be the only person eating them....

If you like crockpot cooking and feel like some beef ribs this might just be a recipe you can use. It looks simple enough.



Ingredients:

2 lbs. baby beef back ribs

1 cup water
1 cup ketchup
1-6 oz. can tomato paste
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
2 T mustard
1 T salt


  1. Mix water, ketchup, tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, and salt in a medium size bowl.  Making sure to stir well to dissolve brown sugar and salt. I actually made my mixture the night before and covered it so I was sure all sugar was dissolved.






  1. Place 1/2 of sauce to the  crockpot.

  2. Add short ribs into the sauce, top with remaining sauce. Set crockpot on low, cover, and cook for 8 hours. Enjoy!




No comments: