Friday, July 28, 2017

Chili with Jalapeno Recipe

It's chilly in PA today so I think it'll be a good day for spicy Chili!


If anyone needs help in what to make for dinner this week I've decided it's chili today and breaded chicken cutlets for (Tuesday) tomorrow. I just put the chili in the crockpot.!

I get bored very easily if you haven't noticed yet. lol and it allows me to explore different ideas I may have in my recipes and also in my home and garden ideas.  It keeps me busy and yes I do like to be challenged with my likes and yes dislikes too.

I decided yesterday that I was going to make chili or chili con carne as it is sometimes called.

Beef is my meat of choice and although I have used small beef cubes as well as a stir fry beef I always come back to ground beef.

This recipe I added cumin, diced tomatoes and jalapeno's which I have not ever done.

My hubby just had a huge dish and said "make it this way all the time" which kind of surprised me...He doesn't like me to change my recipes at all....



You can add some Monterrey Jack or cheddar cheese to top it when serving.


1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 medium onion grated 
1 large can diced tomatoes juice included  Note: ( I usually use either tomato juice or tomato sauce) it all depends on what I have in my pantry and if it's crockpot or on the stove top.
2 cans kidney beans drained and rinsed.
3 tsp. Chili powder 
1 tsp. Chopped jalapeño or more optional (remove seeds)
1/4 tsp. Cumin
Salt and pepper 

Top with lots of cheese if desired.  Yummy!

Set on low for 5 to 6 hours.



FYI:  I fried my beef first with onion, salt and pepper  in a wee bit of oil until slightly browned. Drained slightly and placed in crockpot first and then added the other ingredients and lightly stirred and placed lid on tightly. Have a great day and here's the link to the chicken cutlets if you decide to make them.😊💕 M.j.


https://iliketobakeandcook.blogspot.com/2013/08/breaded-chcken-cutlets.ht





From my kitchen to yours,



No comments: