Monday, February 13, 2023

Zesty Shrimp salad with couscous

 This meal can be prepared in 30 minutes or less!!!

I'm determined to continue on with new recipes for the next month or so.  I know everyone is always looking for new salad recipes and since we still can get a lot of fresh produce I thought this might be a nice choice for the end of summer salads.

This recipe is right out of Woman's day magazine and has lots of healthy ingredients. No cooking is involved. Enjoy!

Original 6/8/17

1 cup couscous

salt and pepper
1 T olive oil
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
2 navel oranges
20 large cooked and peeled shrimp
1 lb. cherry tomatoes(I used a gourmet medley for more color 
and taste)
1 avocado  cut into 1/2 inch pieces(I didn't have one)
1/2 small sweet onion slices thin
1/4 cup pitted green olives cut in quarters. (about 10)
2 T fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving





Note:  my shrimp were lightly seasoned and I recommend using plain shrimp for this dish.



Place couscous and pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Add 1 1/4 cups hot tap water. Cover and let sit for 15 minutes.  Fluff with fork and fold in oil and basil

Next cut away the pith of the oranges and working over the bowl cut the oranges into segments, adding them to the bowl along with any juices. (Note) I didn't feel there was enough juice so I added 1/4 cup orange juice to the mix.

Gently fold in the shrimp, tomatoes, avocado, onion, olives, lime juice and 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper.  Serve over the basil couscous.  Light and Yummy!
5/5/16

3/8/2021

No comments: