Monday, June 19, 2017

Turkey Chili: Low in calories and fat!

I posted this recipe several years ago. I think you'll enjoy it!

It's cold, cold, cold here in Pittsburgh and I wanted to make something to warm me up. I thought soup or chili and chili won out for the dish of the day.  I'm trying to make more healthy salads but not all days are salad friendly; those days that are really bone chilling, soup or chili does come to my mind..

 I haven't been very cheery the last month so today I decided it was time to PICK MYSELF UP, BRUSH MYSELF OFF AND START ALL OVER AGAIN! 

Here's an easy chili recipe using ground turkey.

Enjoy!

From my kitchen to yours,



M.J.

















1 lb. ground turkey
2 T olive oil
1 large onion
1 -15 oz can dark kidney beans rinsed and drained
1-46 oz. can tomato juice
3 T chili powder
salt and pepper to taste

Saute turkey and onion in olive oil until lightly browned.  Add tomato juice, chili powder, salt and pepper and drained beans. ** I prefer to rinse and drain my beans before adding to mixture.  Cook until mixture thickens slightly, approximately 1 hour.  Serve with crackers or bread.....Yum

From my healthy kitchen to yours,

1/3/13 Original

No comments: