Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Chicken Cacciatore!!! It's Italian

Recipe Rewind or you can call it seconds are best!

OK so I mix em up a bit..Italian not Italian , whatever hits me that day or better yet when I'm at the market.

  I just love this blogging,  it sure gets my hubby a lot of time in the kitchen.  Sometimes he helps with the pictures but most time it is me one hand on camera and one hand preparing food.  Gotta love it!

  
Here's my Chicken Cacciatore Recipe.

 I am not one to put mushrooms in anything (hubby and kids don't like em) but this is where I just have to put a few.  I think it's a pretty good recipe and feel free to use chicken parts if you wish.  We prefer chicken breasts but you use the chicken your family likes.  Note: I am sure you can cook this recipe in a crock pot.  Make sure you brown your chicken first.  I cooked mine on top of the stove in a deep skillet and within an hour or so it was ready. Check it ou

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,
 


1 tablespoon olive oil
2 lbs. chicken breasts or parts
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp. basil
1-15 oz. can crushed or diced tomatoes
1/2 lb. mushrooms(you can use up to 1 lb. cut in half)
1 onion chopped
1 medium green pepper (sliced)
sprinkle red crushed pepper (optional)
1  1/2 cups chicken broth (canned or homemade)
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 lb. pasta  (I like Mafalda, Fettuccine or Farfalle)


Heat oil in  deep skillet or dutch oven over medium heat.  Add chicken and cook until browned on both sides.  Add garlic, basil, tomatoes, mushrooms, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper and 1 cup chicken broth.  Simmer slowly..Cook until chicken and vegetables are tender.

This meal can be made easily in a crockpot. Brown your chicken in a little olive oil first and then place in crockpot. add other ingredients, except mushrooms if you are using them. Add them the last 10 minutes. Cook on low for 8 hours, high 4 hours.


Stir cornstarch and remaining 1/2 cup broth in a small bowl until mixture is smooth.  Add to chicken vegetable mix.  Cook until mixture starts to thicken.  While mixture is thickening cook pasta according to directions.  Drain.  Ladle Sauce over pasta.  Top with a little Pecorino Romano Cheese. Bon Appetit!!


All the good stuff!!!



Add tomatoes , peppers and mushrooms.  Cook until vegetables are tender.(I added  a red pepper only because I had one and didn't want to waste it.)

From my healthy kitchen to yours,



7/16/12
1/6/13

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Great recipe, I love mushrooms a lot but my kids are so picky and always taking them either out or off something:)) Really delicious looking dish..thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend ahead!