Friday, June 16, 2017

Pineapple Whip

I made this wonderful refreshing dessert today. I didn't exactly follow the recipe to the tee.

I made it using frozen pineapple lol and it sure was a lot easier.
The frozen pineapple was sweet ( I tasted it before I processed it) but added a little pear juice to it while processing it. It was absolutely fabulous and my  hubby had seconds.

Enjoy!

1 pineapple (I used bagged frozen pineapple from Aldi's)
1/2 cup coconut milk
Sweetener if needed
Pear juice if needed to thin



  1. Peel, core and cut one fresh ripe pineapple into chunks. Spread chunks on a lined baking sheet and freeze until solid (for at least 24 hours).
  2. Place frozen pineapple chunks in a food processor together with ½ cup of coconut milk. Process until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides and add more milk as needed to achieve a smooth consistency.
  3. Taste the pineapple whip and add sweetener to your liking. If the pineapple wasn't super ripe and sweet, I will add a little pear juice but honey, maple syrup or agave would work. Process once more to incorporate the sweetener.
  4. To achieve a soft serve-like look, fit a piping bag or ziploc with a large open star tip. Fill the pineapple whip into the bag and pipe into serving bowls in a swirling motion.
Note:  I used an ice cream scoop to dip ours instead of piping it.  You do what's convenient for you.









From my happy kitchen to yours,



No comments: