Thursday, June 1, 2017

Thai Style Pork Salad



Another new recipe from me to you.  My hubby is so receptive to these recipes I can just kiss him.  For so many years he was so super fussy that I spent most of my days frustrated on what to make that both he and I would enjoy.  I loved to eat and as long as it wasn't liver, anchovies or pumpkin it was good for me.  I was raised to eat whatever was put in front of me but for some reason he balked at most all food so it carried on well into our marriage which proved to put unnecessary strain on me when it came to meal decisions.

Finally after many years of pasta, burgers, little chicken and little pork.  He did like steak but it was not always affordable when we were young and raising a family he now eats everything that I make which is so helpful in meal planning.

Today I saw a recipe in Better Homes and Garden magazine. (I really love that magazine) and figured I give it a go.  Clean Plate!!!!!!!  We both enjoyed it and I'm passing the recipe on to you.

It suggests serving it with cabbage leaves but I felt I wanted some carbs so I served it over Rice Pilaf.  Enjoy!






3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 cup cilantro
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
2 T ginger
1 lb. boneless pork loin sliced into bite size pieces
1 T olive oil
1 cup cut green beans (I steamed them slightly before  added them)
1 cup shredded carrots
12 napa cabbage leaves optional
1 pkg. 90 second Uncle Ben's Rice Pilaf

A side salad is fine instead of the cabbage leaves work for us. 
 
In a large mixing bowl combine coconut milk, cilantro, soy sauce, lime juice and ginger.  Add pork and toss to coat.

In a very large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add meat mixture.  Cook about 3 minutes over medium high heat.  Add green beans.  Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender and pork is slightly pink.  Stir occasionally  Add carrots just before serving.  To serve, top cabbage leaves with pork mixture.  Sprinkle with additional cilantro and serve with lime wedges.


Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens 8/14




9/1/14




No comments: