Friday, June 2, 2017

My favorite Hot Dog or Burger Chili and a Hometown favorite's recipe! Two for One Special~~~~~

I'm starting the summer with picnic foods that have been favorites of ours for a very long time.  One is hot dog chili.  Copy this for a go to recipe for those summer hot dogs or chili hamburgers.  Enjoy! Re-post for those who haven't copied it before.

This chili (no beans)recipe is delicious on either burgers or dogs!  I have been making this recipe for a very long time and have found that most people like hamburger chili on their hot dogs.   When I was growing up it was a must on a hamburger and we'd add ketchup, onion and mustard to it and it was soooooo good!   I don't believe I have ever posted this recipe before!

I have lots of recipes to share and I am compiling them for my cookbook which should be out sometime later this summer or early fall.

I'll be sending the finished copy to the printer soon.  If you are interested in one I'll give you the info as soon as I receive it from the publisher.

Finely ground in chopper or Cuisinart


Thanks and Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,








Chili, mustard, ketscup, onion and whatever else you might like.



Hot Dog Chili  ( My own Creation)


1 lb. ground chuck (beef)
1 tsp. canola oil
1 small onion grated fine or 1 tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. chili powder
¼ tsp. cumin
½ tsp. paprika
4 oz. Hunts sauce or 3 T. ketchup
dash or two red pepper (optional)
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1/2 cup water

Saute’ ground chuck in canola oil.   When lightly browned add onion, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper and  sauce or ketchup.  Cook slowly about 15 minutes or until ingredients are cooked through while mashing with a fork to get the meat finer. I you like it chunkier don't mash too much..

I am also sharing with you a recipe from my hometown favorite Hot Dog and Burger restaurant.  Enjoy!

 
Chili for Hot Dogs! (Hometown Favorite Restaurant Recipe)



1 pound ground beef { brown and mash with fork} I put it in the Cuisinart to get really fine

2 tsp chili powder

2 tsp cumin

3 tsp paprika

1/2 tsp oregano

1/2 tsp cayenne pepper{ ground red pepper}

1/4 tsp black pepper

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp dry mustard

8 oz can tomato sauce {add 1/4 can water}



Simmer for 30 minutes , stir frequently


Note:  For a finer ground chili.. After cooking all chuck (beef).  Cool slightly and place all ingredients in food processor and pulse several times.

original 8/31/12 updated 5/22/13

No comments: