Thursday, June 15, 2017

Stuffed French Toast for Brunch, Lunch or Dinner!

If you are tired of the same old, same old why not make breakfast for your evening meal for a change?  Who doesn't like French Toast?  I never did but this type I have no trouble enjoying.  I have made many varieties of it and I even freeze it for a quick snack for the grandchildren. Today it was going to be stuffed because I had some great fresh strawberries, Italian bread and whipped cream cheese so my hubby (me too!) were treated to a amazing brunch..

  We ate around 11 a.m. so that eliminated what to eat for lunch..I thinking this brunch may be a great idea for those days I don't have a clue what to make for dinner or even maybe it'd be a good evening meal .. Happy Cooking!  Enjoy!!!



 4 slices Italian Bread
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese (you can use regular softened)
3 heaping tsp. strawberries jam or preserves
fresh sliced strawberries
extra jam for melting (if needed to drizzle on top)
2 tsp. butter or margarine

Cream cheese filling:
1 8-oz. regular or whipped cream cheese softened (flavored is OK)
3 heaping tsp. strawberry (or raspberry or any other you choose) jam or preserves



I melted my cream cheese slightly in microwave to soften a bit more (15 seconds)..With a whisk blend in jam.

I put the filled bread together earlier, refrigerated and covered until I was ready to use.

  In a medium low bowl with a whisk beat eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla..  Carefully place stuffed bread into egg mixture. Turn and make sure each side is coated.  In a large skillet over medium heat add 2 tablespoons butter or margarine..Place sandwiches in melted butter and cook until browned, turn over with spatula carefully and place lid on skillet and cook until that side is browned..

From my kitchen to yours,






12/1/12
1/7/13

2 comments:

Inessa said...

Simply beautiful delicious dish!!!

M. J. Vitelli said...

Hi Inessa! So nice of of you to comment..Have a great day and keep coming to visit..:)