Monday, June 12, 2017

ICE CREAM SANDWICH CAKE DESSERT!!

Our grandchildren are going to be here on the Fourth so as to make them happy I am making an easy ice cream dessert.  I don't remember who or where it came from but I remember the ingredients (I think I do) so I'll add this easy recipe to my easy and summery desserts..Enjoy!  Feel free to use any add-ins you may like.  Examples, cookie crumbs, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, health bar crumbled, toasted almonds, peanuts, hot fudge, chocolate syrup and so many yummy additions.  Happy Summer! I'll add the peanuts to mine when I serve.  Those little buggers don't like PEANUTS! 






Keeping Cool in my kitchen,








I added finely chopped peanut butter crunchy crumbles



Place layer of ice cream sandwiches on bottom of dish.  Top with 1/2 container of  cool whip, add cookie crumbles, caramel syrup etc. , place another layer and top with melted hot fudge, add remainder of cool whip and garnish with chopped nuts if desired.  Refrigerate several hours or overnight.  Yummy!









2 boxes ice cream sandwiches (approx. 12 in a box)
1 large container Cool Whip
1 jar hot fudge topping(melt 1/2 bottle in micro until soft)
1 jar caramel topping or caramel syrup
Toasted almonds, peanuts, cookie pieces, candy bars broken up or whatever you care to add in this wonderful ice cream delight.

13 x 9 in(1 box) or larger(2 boxes) pan or disposable aluminum casserole size pan.  I used the later.  It goes quickly so make enough :)


From my kitchen to yours,



6/30/13



1 comment:

Helene Dsouza said...

Oh that looks amazing, my husband will go crazy for your ice cream sandwich. Thanks for sharing MJ. hope you are fine otherwise =)