Monday, June 5, 2017

Italian Pesto Salad

Easy Salads for a healthier lifestyle.  

To keep us healthy and give us energy including lots of good protein is a good idea.  I have found that including some protein in every meal (yes 3 times a day) helps to keep the body going and keep your metabolism running properly. 

Whether you use this recipe the way I have written it or adding some healthy olive oil to it I am sure you'll find it enjoyable. 





Italian Pesto Salad


8 oz elbow macaroni( I used tri color for some color)
1 -7 oz. Jar basil pesto sauce( I used fresh basil pesto)
¼ cup red wine vinegar
½ tsp. Kosher salt
2- 15 oz. cans cannellini beans rinsed and drained
(3 cups baby arugula)
2 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese shaved
¼ cup pine nuts




Cook macaroni according to directions. Drain and rinse well under cold water. Set aside.
In a large bowl stir together pesto, vinegar and salt.

Add beans, cooked macaroni, arugula, half the cheese and half the pine nuts

Toss well. Serve at once or cover and chill up to 6 hours. Top with remaining cheese and nuts.

Note: I am adding the Bibb lettuce just before serving.




2/15/16
3/22/17

No comments: