Sunday, June 4, 2017

Mango Peach Salsa Pork

Salsa isn't just for dipping chips in.  It's adds a great flavor to chicken or pork and adding it to your crockpot with your favorite meat seals the deal.

I am by no means an expert in cooking or baking but I have no problem experimenting with foods.  If it sounds like a good combination I'll play with it in a recipe.  This one was a no brainier

I had plans to go out for the day and I also had pork chops I had bought and not froze as well as a bottle of salsa.  Mango Peach no less.  Love both.  So I quickly seared my pork chops in a bit of olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and into my crockpot with the salsa on low.  I was gone for 5 hours and yes it was ready when I returned.

My pork chops were on the thinner side but I'm sure it will work even better with thick style pork chops and if you are working and will be gone all day, setting your crockpot to low it will assure a great meal when you get home.

I made a potato in the microwave and cut it in cubes and put the cooked pork and salsa over it.

It was so yummy..  Enjoy and sure try it with chicken if you don't care for pork.

Ingredients:

1 cup salsa or more
1/4 cup water(optional)

4 to 6 boneless pork chops or 2 lb. pork loin roast
pinch salt and pepper

5 to 8 hours on low depending on thickness of pork chops or roast.

Why not try some shredded over mashed potatoes or like I did for lunch loaded mashed potatoes. My hubby's choice. He loved it!








This was Made in the crockpot using pork chops but I also have used a boneless lean pork tenderloin or loin roast.   So you have many choices, meal, lunch or a yummy sandwich. 


Happy Crockpot Cooking from my kitchen to yours,



No comments: