Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Add this salad to your meal: Green Bean/ Orzo Salad

Yes I like to add orzo pasta to a lot of salads..It changes things a little and compliments instead of overpowers, as some pastas do in a salad..Here is a recipe I found to be really tasty and I'm making it with some kebabs for dinner.  .You'll find some days I tweak recipes to spice them up.  Hope to tantalize your taste buds!    

8 oz. orzo, cooked rinsed and drained
2 roasted red peppers (I took the easy way out today and used jarred roasted peppers)
1 tablespoon capers
1 large shallot (I used green onion) I forgot to buy shallots
1/2 lb. fresh green beans, cleaned and broken in half.  Cook with some salt until tender and set aside
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tsp. Dijon mustard( I used Honey Dijon) (See what I mean!!!!!!!!!)

Whisk together vinegar, oil and mustard..Stir in shallot(green onion), capers, bell peppers, salt and pepper to taste.  Add orzo and beans to vinaigrette..Garnish with chopped basil if desired! Toss and serve.


Pretty to look at delicious to eat!


Chicken,mushroom, sweet onion,red, green and yellow peppers..Just season with salt and pepper and grill about 20 minutes!  Enjoy!  Note: soak wooden skewers in water for at least 20 minutes.

Happy Easy Meals.

From my kitchen to yours,


No comments: