Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Quick Cookin Combo Meal!

Tonight's Quick dinner combo! Chicken, beef or ground turkey can be used with any of these!







 Using a slow cooker or deep skillet, on top of stove brown chicken (that's what I'm using today) in olive oil with chopped scallions and celery, added a little salt and pepper. I added:

1 can chicken broth and 1 can cream of chicken soup and let simmer until broth is bubbling. I place mine on the slow cooker plate and let simmer for a while. When I feel the chicken is cooked I add 1 pkg. frozen mixed veggies and 1 pkg. frozen brown rice and cook until all are soft and thickened slightly. Serve with a salad and you've a easy meal.

 This combo can be altered to your,at the moment desire or what you have in your pantry. It's as easy as that! Here's your choices for changing it up a bit!

 Basic start is the meat/poultry of choice, oo and onion and celery. The rest is up to you! Hope this is of help to busy Mom's and Dad's! You can have this dish ready to serve in 30 to 45 minutes depending on what meat/chicken etc you start with. :)♥ I'm using my slow cooker today.



Options!  You can use chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and any chicken, meat or ground meat mixture to the above and make your own creation.

From my kitchen to yours,



12/7/12

3 comments:

Sara said...

Great idea! I have chicken in crockpot now, with just a bottle of BBQ sauce poured on top.

Would you be so kind to post your recipe for Pepperoni Pizza Rolls? Or were they pizza roll ups? You posted them not too far back. They sound quick and the kids would love them.

Thanks :)

M. J. Vitelli said...

HI Sara: Yes here is the link for the pepperoni rolls. I just made ten and gave 5 to my grandchildren. She uses jarred pizza sauce to dip them in. xo

http://iliketobakeandcook.blogspot.com/2011/06/everybody-enjoys-these-pepperoni-rolls.html

Sara said...

Finally got around to rolling out the dough for the Sparkle Sugar Cookies. My daughter and her friend did it last night. Oh my, what a great tasting cookie...so soft. Perfect. It must be the cream cheese.

I also made a small batch of Martha Stewart's Basic Sugar Cookie dough. Yours tasted, rolled out, and cut much better!

Now...getting around to decorating/frosting them...eventually :)