Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Peaches and Cream Bread Pudding!

Hi Everyone:

I'll make this simple. lol We were out to dinner last week and we ordered dessert...It was peach bread pudding.  It had a yummy vanilla sauce on it which was delicious but I'm taking the short cut and serving mine warm with Vanilla bean ice cream while it's warm. You can always heat it up in the microwave it you have refrigerated it.  Yummy..

Of course I had to try to make it my way and it is just what I expected. Delicious with little effort.

I've been making bread pudding since my children were little and quite honestly I never followed a recipe. Since then I do because I want all you foodies to get the same results as I do.

You'll see on my blog I have several recipes for bread pudding.  I make it several different ways but basically very similar ingredients.  If you want to view them check the label section under desserts.  You'll find two or three.

Here goes today's version.

1- 15 oz canned peaches in syrup. Cut or dice the peaches in pieces (use the syrup)
1 regular size loaf of regular Italian bread broken in pieces (any type bread will work but mine was regular bread. Note: if using a heavier type bread you may have to add more milk.
4 eggs
2 cups milk I used regular milk but you can use 2%
2 tsp vanilla 
1 tsp cinnamon 
2 tsp butter

In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, vanilla and a 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon depending how much of a cinnamon flavor you like. Whisk thoroughly so eggs mix well with the milk.

In a separate large bowl place broken pieces of bread.  Add egg, milk mixture (I use my hands to make sure it's all incorporated). Once all is incorporated I add my peaches, including the syrup and toss thoroughly to mix well.Top with a few pieces of butter.

In a large baking dish rub some butter around bottom and perimeter of dish. Pour mixture into dish and top with cinnamon.

Bake 350 degrees 30 to 40 minutes depending on size of pan.  If it is deep and on the small side you'll need to bake possibly longer.  My baking dish was about 3 inches deep. It would work well in a 9 x13 inch glass dish.  Note:  Make sure to grease it with butter.....You can test the center with a knife and it should come out pretty clean not too wet.

Note: We liked this very much and it was not too sweet. If you like your bread pudding sweeter add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar to the mixture.

Of course I taste tested it and as usual YUMMY!

Enjoy!
























From my kitchen to yours,



No comments: