Monday, May 22, 2017

Peanut Butter Macaroons! Another new Cookie Suggestion

This week I'll be posting some of my recipes from 2012.  Enjoy!

Lucky grandchildren!  I made these super easy cookies today and hubby even loved them.  Light, chewy and ready to devour in no time.  You may like to try these as a Christmas addition too for everyone to enjoy!  They are great the way they are or maybe I'll add some coconut to them next time.












Another new cookie Recipe for 2012

 Some days you luck out and today while searching for some new cookie additions I realized, YAY, I have every ingredient that's needed to make these yummy looking (I have the photo) peanut butter macaroons.

I'm thinking everybody likes macaroons and adding peanut butter can't be too bad, right?  Hope I'm not offending those sensitive to peanut butter.  Note:  Those peanut sensitive might like to try my chocolate dipped macaroons http://iliketobakeandcook.blogspot.com/2011/11/on-to-some-of-my-favorite-cookies-dark.html.



Here's the recipe!  It's from April 2004
I had it published in our ladies women's club cookbook


 Peanut Butter Macaroons

2 egg whites
1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
dash salt
11/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups chocolate flavored crisp rice cereal (I used inexpensive chocolate rice cereal)
1/3 cup chopped honey roasted peanuts





Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets or line them with parchment paper. Set aside

In a medium mixing bowl beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt with mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.  Gradually  add sugar and peanut butter.   Gently fold in cereal. Drop mixture by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.  Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.

Bake for 10 minutes.  Turn oven off and let cookies dry in oven with door closed for 15 minutes.  Remove macaroons from cookie sheets to wire rack; cool completely.

Makes about 30 macaroons.

Note:  I tried leaving them out covered with wax paper and they remained crispy.  I put some in a sealed baggie and they were soft inside.  Chewy or Crispy??  We liked them both ways.  

******If I were making them for the holidays I would keep them in a sealed container in a cool place.



From my kitchen to yours,


12/8/12

12/8/12

2 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

They look very tempting! We love peanut butter, bet can't stop just eating one.

M. J. Vitelli said...

Yes and those rice krispies sure make them light enough to keep munching..:)