Thursday, May 4, 2017

Oh my Strawberry Pie with real Whipped Cream :)


Heavy whipping cream really adds to the pie!  Yummy!



Mom wrote down Mrs. Lucas's original recipe.


This recipe was inspired by my mom's neighbor Mrs. Lucas and of course she made it long ago and today was my first attempt to make it.   I have to say it was very easy and I made the two pies.  I gave one to my very appreciative daughter and of course one for me and the hubby! One of the many great things about summer is STRAWBERRIES!!  Enjoy!

Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours,
 
MJ




1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup corn starch
3 cups water
**2 - 3 oz. pkgs. strawberry jello
2 + containers fresh sliced strawberries (It depends on how full you want your pie to be)
1 pt. heavy whipping cream (whipped with 4 T. confectioners' sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla)
1 pkg. (two shells) refrigerated pie crust baked according to directions. 

**Note:  The above recipe is the way it was written.  I only had 1- (3oz) pkg. strawberry jello and I found it to be fine. You can do either.

This recipe makes 2 pies

Bake pie crusts according to pkg. directions.  Cool completely!

Place first 3 ingredients in a large pot and whisk together. On medium heat, cook slowly until mixture starts to bubble and becomes clear.  Add strawberry jello and mix well. Cool completely.

Using your favorite pie dish place refrigerated dough in pie dish and bake accordingly. I pkg. will make two pies.  Fill with strawberry filling.

Note:  Make sure pie crusts are cool before filling.

Place strawberries mixture in baked pie shell.  Pour cooled glaze over pie and refrigerate until totally set.  Top with heavy whipped cream. Fabulous :)
  

7/7/12
5/27/13
7/13/16

 
All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook2013, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.

No comments: