Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Italian Pizzelles!!


It's so popular I had to do a re-post for those who miss this recipe.

Pizzelles are a favorite of my grandchildren and many of our family and friends.


  I can't make enough of them and the fact that I have gone through two grilles and that I am on my third should tell you something..My last two grilles had the recipe printed right on the handle so I had it always at my fingertips..but when I threw out my last one thank goodness I remembered to copy the recipe because this new one's recipe for pizzelles is very different.  My pizzelles are usually a little thicker and not as thin as the new recipe and my family likes them better..Here is the recipe and some pictures:

1 cup margarine softened  (you can use butter only butter browns them quicker) You will have to be careful
2/3 cup sugar
3 eggs
2 to 2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. anise, orange or vanilla extract
pinch salt

With electric mixer beat sugar and margarine until creamy..Add eggs and extract, continue to beat.  Add flour, baking powder and salt.  Mixture will be soft..Spray pizzelle grille with cooking spray.  Let pizzelle grille heat thoroughly.
When the grille is heated drop by heaping teaspoons onto hot grille. Tighten lid.   Watch carefully!  It only takes about a minute or two to be ready..

Note:  If you do not have a grille check any Italian grocery store they should have them.  Also, do not get the Teflon coated one.  The surface is not forgiving to scratches.

Perfect!

Palmer Electric (non teflon) Model 1000  Pizzelle maker. The BEST!



Drop by (full) teaspoon..one on each side


Let cool on rack... You may want to make a double batch..They'll be gone in no time..

Happy Baking!



3/30/13
7/5/11
12/18/13


3 comments:

The Happy Housewife said...

These look delicious MJ! I'll have to see if I can pick up one of these grilles somewhere and make them. Hubby will love them I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

Our family recipe starts with 12 eggs! Much thinner batter but we are use to thinner and crispy pizzelles since we also use 1/2 bottle of Anise and no baking powder, no butter. I will try your recipe! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for commenting. I’d love to try your recipe. Mine are not paper thin. We love them.