Thursday, May 4, 2017

Easy Luchada! Italian Apple Pastry!

When my hubby was growing up he loved to go over to his neighbors house(her name was Faustina)and not only did she make the lightest Italian cookies, bread and this wonderful apple/ tart/pastry which she called Luchada it only took 30 years for me to attempt. it.

   I don't have a clue what Luchada means but to my husband it meant sweet apples in a delicate crust loaded with nuts and raisins.   Here is her recipe( my mother in law managed to make it a point to watch her and copy down how many handfuls of this and that she was using) and I am willing to share it with you.  This is definitely a must if you like apples, nuts and raisins..Enjoy!

From my kitchen to yours a special recipe!








 
LUCHADA (APPLE ROLL)
(Faustina's)
Dough
2 cups flour +1 wine glass (6 oz.) water
1 egg
 pinch salt
1 wine glass (6 oz.) regular oil
Mix all ingredients. Roll like a jelly roll size. Not too thin. Fill with
below filling.

Filling
6 sliced apples
 ½ cup chopped walnuts
1 cup sugar 1 tsp. cinnamon
½ cup raisins
 butter
Mix apples, sugar, raisins, walnuts, and cinnamon. Carefully, place on
top of rolled dough. Dab with several thin slices of butter. Roll gently
like a jelly roll several times. Place dough on greased cookie sheet.
Sprinkle with sugar. Bake 400° for 10 minutes then lower heat to 350° and bake 30 minutes more.


Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,




8/28/12 
2/22/13
1/14/14

No comments: