Friday, January 27, 2017

Strawberry Creamcheese Roll-ups! Yummy!

 I was browsing through my favorite blogs and came across a recipe that caught my eye.  It seemed easy enough so I thought I'd try it my way.  The blog I am referring to is: CinnamonSpice&EverythingNice.com. Thank Reeni :). I adapted the recipe to our liking so hubby would also enjoy it. He loves strawberries.

Note:  This recipe is super easy and you can easily make as many as you'd like and I used a whole loaf of bread and froze a bunch(without topping of course)for later microwave heat up on the go breakfast yums. 






As I was checking out my frige I noticed I had a whole container of strawberry cream cheese and I also had some of my homemade strawberry sauce.  I figured this was going to be fun meal.  Breakfast, lunch or dinner, you choose, It's an anytime meal and it really was quick and easy too!. I decided to use the strawberries because I already had made the sauce but I'm thinking next time I'll use Honey nut cream cheese and maybe top it with maple syrup.  Yummy!!









Ingredients

10 slices regular bread, cut or trim crust
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1 small container strawberry cream cheese.  (note:  I let it out on my counter for about 20 minutes to get it  really soft so it would be easy to spread.

Homemade strawberry sauce (you can use strawberry pie filling, fresh strawberries or any fruit combination you think would work) or just sprinkle some confectionery sugar on them.
whipped cream (optional)
powdered sugar (optional)
butter

On a clean cutting board trim edges off bread.  With a rolling pin (I use my pamperchef easy to clean one)

Spread cream cheese on flattened bread, approx. 1 to 2 tsp.

Roll from widest to end.  It looks like a mini jelly roll.  Place each on greased dish until all are made.

In a separate bowl, place eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla,  Whisk well. 


Roll the bread up and repeat until they're all filled.


After all are rolled, place one at a time in beaten egg mixture(I used my fingers) and onto a buttered fry pan.  Cook until browned.  Several minutes and they are ready to eat.

Top with strawberries and whipped cream or Cool whip if desired.  Note:  You can even sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with fresh fruit on the side.  Enjoy!!!!!!!

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,












All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook2014, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.
6/12/14

4/6/14

2014 copyright iliketobakeandcook

No comments: