Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Homemade Pancakes from scratch!

When my middle grandson came for an overnight stay I mentioned that I had great-grandma's recipe for homemade pancakes and he wanted to help making them . We had a fun time making them and he, Poppy and I devoured them in minutes..Here's the recipe and pictures.  Fun in the kitchen!

4 tablespoons butter or margarine melted (I use butter)
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs (separated)
pinch salt (I didn't add salt since my butter was salted)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup milk
Note:  sliced bananas, chocolate chips are always an option to add to batter.

You'll need two separate bowls..One bowl for yolks and one for whites.Whites will have to be beat separately.

Combine sugar and butter and beat until blended, add egg yolks and beat..Alternating flour mixture(flour, baking powder)with milk..Beat well..Fold in beaten egg whites.(whites should be stiff)

Heat skittet with slight amount of butter or margarine..(be careful too much butter will brown them too quickly.)
Spoon large tablespoon(approx. 2) depending on desired size. You can use a 1/4 measuring  cup as well..
Cook until center of pancakes start to produce bubbles..Turn and cook a few minutes more..

Happy Cooking!













Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,

10/24/12

2 comments:

Jocie's Mom said...

Ooh! Great family time in the kitchen recipe :) Well done!

M. J. Vitelli said...

Thanks!