Friday, January 13, 2017

Crockpot Balsamic Pork Tenderloin

Mashed potatoes and fresh homegrown tomato with red onion.  YUM


I had lots to do today and it was a day I didn't want to take the time to fuss so yep it was a crockpot kind of day.

Off to an appointment in the a.m. and then to help with a project at our clubhouse so this was the ideal time to try a new recipe.  Quite honestly I don't know where it came from but I did have another recipe that I made ages ago so this one is different.  The other recipe you used cranberry sauce in it.  This one you do not.


First  Putting the rub was no trouble at all since I had all the necessary spices and had got a good deal on pork tenderloin (buy one get one free). Can't beat that.  Two tenderloins in a package and the recipe called for 2 lbs. of pork tenderloin so I was good to go!







The pork was prepped in literately 3 minutes and into the crockpot to cook for 3 hours on high.

Here is the recipe for you to enjoy!  I adapted it slightly to what I had available as far as spices and it was delicious.  I served it warm but no problem making a cold sandwich with this.  It is perfect!

1 tsp. dried thyme
1tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
3 T dried minced onion
1 T olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar divided
2 cloves minced garlic
2 lb. pork tenderloin


Mix the first five ingredients together in a bowl.  Rub or roll the tenderloin or tenderloins in the dry mixture.

In a large pan place oil, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and garlic.  Heat over medium heat until starts to sizzle.  Add pork to pan and sear on each side to brown.

Lower heat.  Transfer pork to crockpot.

Pour remaining balsamic into pan and continue to stir for a few minutes to de-glaze pan.  Pour juices over tenderloin in crockpot.

Cook on high for approximately 3 hours.  Mine was done in that time and perfect.




I took the pork out of the crockpot and let rest for five to ten minutes so that it will slice easily.  I use a serrated knife.

Serve or return slices to crockpot where you can keep the pork warm in the juices. Lots of juice or if not enough, add a little water and stir.  I drizzed some over my potatoes....YUMMY

9/10/15


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks so good! going to try this weekend.

M. J. Vitelli said...

You are going to love it!