Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Baked Chicken with Salsa and Cheese

Hi everyone,

I've been making very easy recipes for the last week and today I'm on another roll.

My newest passion in the line of yummy ingredients is Salsa...................It is a go to save when you don't know what to make.  It has everything in it to make a yummy meal.  Of course you must like salsa.  My newest love is Mango/ peach salsa.  Costco sells a huge jar and besides using it for a party dip it really adds a lot of flavor to most meats.


Last week I used it in my crockpot with pork chops and our meal was fabulous.  Now I'm using it with boneless thin chicken breasts and baking them. I think the list can go on with this fabulous salsa.

**Just a note about this particular dish. I ate it for the first time at a friends and couldn't wait to make it again. She likes to make easy meals too!!!

Here's what the recipe consisted of:

2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
pinch of salt and pepper
2 cups salsa or more
shredded mild cheddar cheese

In a 9 x12 or larger  baking dish place some of the salsa.  Layer your chicken. Top with more salsa.

Bake 350 degrees about 20  to 30 minutes. Remove from oven.  Top with cheese and bake approximate 10 minutes more or until cheese has melted.

Serve with a few sauteed fresh veggies and wow you have a light healthy and delicious quick meal.








No comments: