Saturday, November 19, 2016

Hot Chicken Salad! Easy one pan meal


Recent updated photo 1/14/2023  served in mini sweet rolls.

Updated photo 7/14/23


Todays served on crispy roll with pork n beans.   Yummy.




I used leftover rotisserie chicken to simplify making this dish.





It seems now and again you look for a casserole or baked dish that serves several and goes a long way.

You may like it for entertaining or a nice casserole that feeds your family or friends with a nice chicken type sandwich.

I have made this and served it to guests with some nice dinner rolls and coleslaw.  Mini Sliders, oh yes!

This is a one pan all in one meal.

 I make mine early in the day and refrigerate it until I am ready to bake it!

  




Ready to bake!





Here is the recipe (my friend shared it with me years ago and we both still make it from time to time).

4 cups cooked chicken (Microwave or boil until tender)you can do this the night before or earlier in the day. When slightly cooled either shred or cut in small pieces.
2 cups celery diced
4 tsp. grated onion
 1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups mayonnaise
1 cup sliced almonds

Note:  you can use cut up or shredded rotisserie chicken for convenience.

Topping:
Mix together:
2 cups grated white sharp cheese (I've used yellow)
1 cup crushed cornflakes
4 tablespoons melted butter

Place diced chicken, celery, onion, salt, almonds and mayonnaise in a large bowl. Toss together.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place chicken mixture in a 9 x 13 in baking pan.  Top with cheese combo.  Drizzle with butter.  Bake COVERED  20 to 30 minutes.  Take cover off last 10 minutes to get a crispy top!

Serve with small rolls.  Note:  I halved this recipe.  I have found leftovers to be a great next day lunch.

Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,

Note:  Leftover turkey....why not try this recipe with your leftovers.



9/25/13

No comments: