Monday, July 11, 2016

Chicken cacciatore meatballs


Hi everyone!

Hope you and yours are doing well and enjoying the weather and most of all staying safe.  These days are tough dealing with what is happening all over the world and keeping our families safe.  We can work hard wherever we live to share love and peace to all of our family and friends.  If we give a little love we'll get it back I am sure.  We must never give up.  Love will prevail.  xo


Okay now on to this yummy meal.  First I'd like to mention if my family were into mushrooms these meatballs would have diced mushrooms in them as well but you must go with the flow on your families likes and dislikes so unfortunately there are no diced mushrooms in my recipe which doesn't effect the yummy taste and texture of this easy crockpot meal.

If you follow my posts you will see I add chicken broth to my ground turkey and chicken meatballs.  I think it keeps them moist and tender.  I personally like moist and tender meatballs.

Hubby and I are staying with our youngest grandchildren a few days so when I stay there I immediately want easy.  I want to enjoy our time together without any fussing.  They really like to eat so this is an easy meal to prepare and if you manage to have leftovers you can either make some wheat pasta on the side(they are into healthy eating) finally or make a few meatball sandwiches. Maybe a little mozzarella to top them would be a nice addition. :)

There are grated green peppers in this recipe.  I decided to add them to see how the boys liked this add on.  I do not usually add grated peppers to them.  I do add them to the sauce always when thinking of a cacciatore recipe.











My recipe:

1 lb. lean ground chicken breast
1 Clove minced garlic 
1 tsp salt
Pinch pepper
1 tsp. Dried parsley
1/2 to 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs (seasoned optional )
1/2 cup Romano cheese
1 egg slightly beaten 
1/4 chicken broth to moisten
1/2 grated green pepper
1 green pepper sliced in strips

In a large bowl place ground chicken, minced garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, breadcrumbs and cheese.  Add grated green pepper, egg and chicken broth.  Mix with your fingers until all is moistened.  Note: you may not need all of the chicken broth.  If necessary you can add a little more breadcrumbs.

On a large cookie sheet place parchment paper for easy clean up.  If you don't have any available, lightly spray sheet with cooking oil.  Make small to medium size meatballs and bake 400 degrees for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.  Remove and place in crockpot with your favorite red sauce.  Add peppers and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours depending on your crockpot.  If you use high they will be done much quicker.  About 4 hours.

**Depending on how much time I have I roast my peppers ahead of time and don't put them in the crockpot until ready to serve. 

Suggestion:  Make em smaller and serve with a side of marinara as an appetizer. 




Enjoy!

From my kitchen to yours,



No comments: